Sudanese Foundation of Vermont (SUDFUND) is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization founded on April 30, 2016 to identify specific needs facing Sudanese children, parents and new Americans in Vermont. The foundation focus on providing summer camp scholarships, mentoring programs, college scholarships, soccer and basketball camps, and social events that brings families and friends together.
Our mission is to invest and support families to raise kids to succeed academically and athletically in Vermont. We also promote social events that bring families and friends together.
- To work with students groups to support a home-based mentoring program.
- To educate Vermonters about the New Americans's experiences and challenges.
- To provide scholarships for summer camps and college scholarships.
- To work with local organizations to secure a community space for new languages initiative.
- To create community outreach programs to support families and members in need.
- To organize community events that bring families, friends or local agencies together.
- To promote early computer literacy at home, libraries and schools.