Welcome to SUDFUNDVT!
Sudanese Foundation of Vermont (SUDFUND VERMONT) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit private organization founded on April 30, 2016 to create economic opportunities and partnerships with local organizations to invest in children to succeed academically and athletically from preschool to college in Vermont. SUDFUND VERMONT relies on individual and private tax deductible donations to support kids and advocate for equal access to services (healthcare, justice, employment & education) and promotion of social and cultural events that bring families and friends together.
Our mission is to make Vermont a permanent home of opportunities for all and advocate for social, educational, health and economical well being for all minorities. SUDFUND VERMONT promised to work with individuals, local, social and racial responsive organizations to provide educational, mental health, college scholarships, summer camps, mentoring programs, physical health, and promotion of social and cultural events that brings families together.
- Support FRIENDS OF OPPORTUNITY scholarship fund
- Buy school books and materials for kids in K-12
- Train women group in self-supporting business skills to earn income
- Work with schools, employers, landlords and law enforcement agencies to support families with limited access
- Advocate for translation of documents, policies and processes for equitable access to information and resources
- Research available resources and share with community members
- Help in mental health assessment and coordinate appropriate referrals to health agencies and hospitals for treatment
- Organize social and cultural events that brings families and kids together
- Ensure kids and families live in a lead-safe houses and parents know their rights
- Work closely with schools and families to monitor kids’ educational progress and needs
- Coordinate individualized rehabilitation from state owned facilities to the community
- Support home-based mentoring program from elementary, middle to high school