Welcome to SUDFUNDVT!
Sudanese Foundation of Vermont (SUDFUNDVT) is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization founded on April 30, 2016 to identify specific needs facing Sudanese children, parents and new Americans in Vermont. The foundation focus on providing summer camp scholarships, mentoring programs, college scholarships, soccer and basketball camps, and promotion of social events that brings families and friends together.
Our mission is to invest and support New American families to raise kids to succeed academically and athletically in Vermont. We also promote social events that bring families and friends together.
- To advise middle and high school students to be adequately prepared to succeed in college
- To work with local organizations, churches and businesses to create New American college scholarships
- To ensure kids and families live in a lead-safe houses and contribute to their neighborhoods
- To partner with state agencies to secure a new and community friendly center to host mentoring programs and new languages training
- To identify specific challenges facing families and establish community relationships with school, housing/landlords, law enforcement agencies, mental health referrals, work place conflict, hospitals and court facilitation
- To work with local colleges and students to provide home-based mentoring program to New Americans children
- To organize community social events to promote networking, bring families and friends together to share their stories
- To promote and embrace the positive power of early computer literacy at school and in the work place