Welcome to SUDFUNDVT!
Sudanese Foundation of Vermont Inc (SUDFUND VERMONT) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit private organization founded to support college scholarships, summer camps, mentoring programs, physical health and supplemental virtual resources for all children in our programs. Providing opportunities to all children to achieve their full potential in K -12 and college in Vermont. Follow us on Twitter or on Facebook.
Our mission is to support children to believe in themselves and pursue their fullest educational potential dreams and help them to give back to local community. SUDFUND VERMONT promised to advocate for equitable access to social, educational, healthcare and economical well being of all children and families in Vermont by working with all friends of opportunity to help them to succeed.
- We promised to work with individuals, businesses and state agencies to make Vermont a permanent home for all immigrants and their children we serve.
- We promised to advocate for equal access to opportunity, healthcare, justice, employment, education and promote social events that bring all families and their children together
- Support VERMONT FRIENDS OF NEW AMERICANS SCHOLARSHIP
- Buy school books and materials for kids in K-12
- Train women group in self-supporting business skills to earn income
- Work with schools, employers, landlords and law enforcement agencies to support families with language barriers
- Advocate for translation of documents, policies and processes for equitable access to information and resources
- Research available resources and share with community members
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to health agencies and hospitals for mental health assessment and treatment
- Sponsor, organize social and cultural events that brings families and kids together
- Work with families and kids doctors to ensure they live in a lead-safe houses
- Work closely with schools and families to monitor kids’ educational progress
- Coordinate individualized rehabilitation from state owned facilities to the community
- Support home-based mentoring program from elementary, middle to high school